Diver Medical Technician Training
The Diver Medical Technicinan (DMT) qualification is a requirement in many fields of occupational diving. At remote diving locations, where medical assistance is not readily available, this qualification is a ‘must’. For any diver wishing to work offshore this qualification is a useful addition to your resume.
The DMT is basically a hyperbaric first aid qualification with enhanced skills which allows the holder to act under the indirect supervision of a hyperbaric doctor through a telephone or radio link.
The course imparts those skills, both practical and theoretical, considered necessary to manage a diving injury until such time as the patient can be delivered to a hyperbaric, or other suitable medical treatment facility.
During the course the following areas will be covered:
- Review of basic anatomy and physiology.
- Enhanced first aid and basic life support skills.
- Advanced airway management including intubation and LMA.
- Neurological examination.
- Intravenous (IV) therapy.
- Injection techniques.
- Hyperbaric treatment protocols.
- Communicating with medical authorities.
- Oxygen provision.
Upon successful completion, you will receive an ADAS card and certificate of competency.
Full course: 10 Days over a two week period.
Pre-requisites for all DMT training. ( Please note: first aid training and certification can be achieved during your DMT course. Please inform us if you need this service)
- HLTFA301B Apply first aid
- PUAEME003C Administer oxygen in an emergency situation
- HLTFA404A Apply advanced resuscitation techniques
- ADASHYP008A Assist as an attendant inside a hyperbaric chamber OR Adas Part 3
- Pass a Medical (AS2299 - Chamber Operations)
At UTCSA we specialise in small course numbers. We are very aware of the needs of our offshore clients and the problems that are often encountered in trying to achieve the scheduled course dates. Our policy therefore is, where possible, to try to put in place unscheduled training to meet our clients needs.....in order to achieve this we can offer training, especially refresher courses, for as little as two students at dates that suit the client. We have to charge a little more for this service but, still try to keep the pricing in the affordable range. If you need training outside of published course dates please contact us directly to discuss your needs.